Friday, September 10, 2010

Albums That Inspired the Film: Lost Wisdom



Artist: Mount Eerie with Julie Doiron and Fred Squire
Album: Lost Wisdom

"Songs with the expression of the face of a baby in a burning world, in the swirling dust. They hang on a theme of impermanence and destroying forces. The river is revealed to be going right through the house, the river of inevitable chaos, sorrow and love."

There are many albums that I've loved over the past few years, but there are few albums I can say really changed my life. Lost Wisdom is one of those albums. Last year it was a big inspiration on my short film Little Expressionless Animals (vimeo), and when I sat down to write the second draft of Carolina Wren, I found it bitting at my heels again. I would love to work with the artists behind this album for a score for the film. The atmosphere and sense of impermanence throughout the album is almost haunting. I know it will be in the back of my mind as I head towards a third draft.


1 comment: