Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello Everyone

My name is Jenn, I'm the writer and director behind Carolina Wren, a short film I'm making as my junior thesis. I'm creating this blog so that I can keep you updated about the production of the film, through posts, photos and bonus material. Hopefully we'll also have some guest posts from the film's producer Emily Tomasik. You can check out some of her stuff here. You can also check out some of my work here. So, here's a bit about the film...

Carolina Wren is a family melodrama set in rural South Carolina. The film is experienced through the eyes of Mary Ellen, a curious and naive 8 year old girl, as her Mother, Billy, struggles to leave her abusive husband Butch. The three are bound together by the things that each of them are trying to protect -- for Butch, it's his reputation in their small, southern town, for Billy it's her dignity and the safety of her daughter, and for Mary Ellen it's a family of Carolina Wren's who live in their backyard.

That's the basic setup. If you're still wondering what a Carolina Wren is -- it's a bird, dummy.

The film should be 15 to 20 minutes, and will be shot on the Panasonic HVX with a 35mm adapter and lenses. We are currently working on script breakdowns and starting the early stages of casting. We'll keep you posted as more develops!

Thanks for reading. J.

No comments:

Post a Comment